Benefits Of Deeparadhana-Lighting Oil Lamps
Deeparadhana means worshiping or praying to god (aradhana) with Deepam. Not only praying to god with deepam but also in auspicious event or ceremony we light oil lamps. Doing Deeparadhana means glowing light in ones home and inviting god or goddess into their home and bless the family of that home with good health, wealth and prosperity. Lighting a deepam increases sattvic vibrations in the house.Most of the hindu religion do Deeparadhana when praying to god, they keep deepam in front of god at home or in a temple, some people keep diyas in front of tulasi pot and seek blessings. Deepam is known as Oil Lamp in english, called as Diyas in hindi.
The importance of Deeparadhana is mentioned in many ancient scripts and this tradition is being carried. Along with traditional benefits there are also various health benefits of lighting oil lamps. The oil deepam signifies the light of knowledge. light of oil lamps erases our ignorance as it shines itself and causes the objects around to shine due to its reflection. Like that we too will shine once we come out of darkness of ignorance.
Different Types Of Oils Used In Deeparadhana-Lighting Deepam
Below are different types of oils used in deepam or lighting oil lamps for you to decide which type of oil benefits you.
1) Cow’s Ghee : Using Cow’s ghee oil in Deeparadhana destroys poverty and brings prosperity, health and happiness.
2) Panchadeepa Oil : Panchadeepa Oil is a combination of Coconut oil or gingerly oil, Castor oil, Neem oil, Mahua oil and cow’s Ghee. Using Panchadeepa Oil in Deeparadhana keeps away illness, bad thoughts, evil eye and poverty. It also brings Luck, Wealth, Health and Happiness.
3) Gingely Oil/Sesame Oil : Using Gingely Oil, Sesame Oil in Deeparadhana eliminates difficulties and removes obstacles from one’s life. this oil is very popular and used to please Lord Shani.
4) Ghee : Using ghee oil in Deeparadhana Emits highly powerful energy and gives Wealth, Health and Happiness.
5) Castor Oil : Using Castor Oil in Deeparadhana brings fame, name and happiness to one’s family. It is also increase devotional faith.
6) Vegetable Oil : Using Vegetable Oil in Deeparadhana brings peace to one’s family. It also release good energy in the environment.
7) Mahua Oil : Using Mahua Oil in Deeparadhana frees one from debt and evokes the blessings of Lord Shiva.
8) Neem Oil : Using Neem Oil in Deeparadhana gives Wealth.
9) Coconut Oil : Using Coconut Oil in Deeparadhana No info will update soon kittugadu.com
10) jasmine Oil : Using jasmine Oil in Deeparadhana for getting blessings from lord hanuman, for success and ward off negativity.
Different Types Of Oil Lamps Or Diya Used In Deeparadhana-Lighting Deepam
Below are different types of Pramidalu used in deepam or lighting oil lamps for you to decide which type of Oil Lamp benefits you.
1) Clay Lamps (Matti Pramidalu) : Clay Lamps-Earthen lamps are widely used in religious purpose, It enhance knowledge and memory.
2) Silver Lamps (Vendi Pramidalu) : Silver Lamps-Pramidalu is used to impress the moon god, It Safe Guard against poverty, Silver kills germs present in the environment.
3) Gold Lamps (Bangarapu Pramidalu) : Gold lamp is inflamed for health, wealth and expansions of business or any other developments. It is also used for prevention of diseases like cancer.
4) Brass Lamps (Ittadi Pramidalu) : Using Brass Lamps increases wealth.
Other Oil Lamps Or Diya Used In Deeparadhana-Lighting Deepam
1) Iron Lamps (inumu Pramidalu) : Iron Lamps are used for tantra and Saturn related troubles.
2) Rice Flour Lamps (Biyyam Pindi Pramidalu) : Rice Flour Lamps used to get blessings from gods and goddess.
3) Lemon Lamps (Nimmakaya Dolla Pramidalu) : Those who Light LEMON LAMP will excel in studies, un-married will find a good partner,married ladies will have happy married life and their families will prosper, the childless couple will be blessed with children and prosperous life.
How To Make A Lemon Lamp : First take a fresh lemon and then cut it to middle and take away the juice and seeds from the cut lemon and then invert it.
4) Ash Gourd Lamps (Gummadikaya Pramidalu) : – – – data to be updated please visit kittugadu.com again
5) Beet Lamps (Dumpa Pramidalu) : Use Beet Lamps to Pacify evil or negative effects of Mars, to prevent from violent deaths.
6) Coconut Lamps (kobbarikaya Pramidalu) : Those who light Coconut Lamp will be propitious for child birth and brings good fortune and wealth.
7) Mango Leaf Lamps (mamidi akulu Pramidalu) : Light Mango Leaf Lamps and Invite prosperity.
8) betel Leaf Lamps (Tamalapaku Pramidalu) : Light betel Leaf Lamps to Ward off evil spirits
9) Peepal Leaf Lamps (Raavi Akulu Pramidalu) : Peepal Leaf Lamps acts as destroyer of diseases.
10) Jaladeepam (floating Lamps) : Jaladeepam is made with water and oil. light these floating lamps in homes for Vastu remedies, to get rid of evil powers and negative influences.
In Which Direction Deepam-Light Should Face?
You should take utter care while placing Deepam at your home or in pooja room or at temple, as some Deepam placements gives good effects and some directions of placing Oil lamps gives negative effects in your lives.
Below are Directions For Deepams-Pooja Lamps to be placed As Per Vasthu:
1) Deepam-Pooja Lamp Facing East Direction – Good health and peace of mind, removes Sorrow and Evil.
2) Deepam-Pooja Lamp Facing West Direction – Good thing is It will free you from debts and bring victory over enemies, but some say Enmity between relatives and neighbours and Grahadosha occurs
3) Deepam-Pooja Lamp Facing North Direction – This is the best direction to place deepam or oil lamps as it Gives Success in all ventures undertaken and You will be blessed with 8 kinds of wealth or Ashta-ishwaryas, Ensures success in everything you do
4) Deepam-Pooja Lamp Facing South Direction – Never place deepam or lamp in the south. It is very inauspicious and brings curse to the family. Only in houses where death occurs keep deepam or lamp in South Direction
Different Types Of Wicks (Vattulu) Used In Deeparadhana-Lighting Deepam:
1) Cotton wicks (Patti vattulu) : Deepam with Cotton wicks-Vattulu brings Prosperity and all good fortune.
2) Lotus wicks (Tamara vattulu) : Deepam with Lotus wicks-Vattulu Brings wealth and prosperity, it removes karma from previous birth. You will get blessings from goddess lakshmi and Saraswathi.
3) Madar wicks (Jilledu vattulu) : Deepam with white Madar wicks-Vattulu Brings good health and blessings from Lord Maha Ganapathi, Get Success in court matters and competitive exams, peace, increase in wealth, return of debts, remove evil effects.
4) Banana Stem wicks (Arati Kada vattulu) : Deepam with Banana stem wicks-Vattulu Brings good luck, removes offences before God and ancestral curse, Mainly child bearing obstacles and Healthy child.
5) Yellow Cotton cloth Wick (pasupu patti gudda vattulu) : Deepam with Yellow Cotton cloth Wick-Vattulu obtains Grace of Devi’s blessings, Family quarrels ends, Husband and wife unites.
6) Red Cotton cloth Wick (Erra patti gudda vattulu) : Deepam with Red Cotton cloth Wick-Vattulu removes any marriage and child bearing obstacles. Increase mutual understanding and love between couples.
7) Milkweed Wicks (dudipalatiga vattulu) : Deepam with Milkweed Wicks-Vattulu remove negativity from the environment, body and the mind (Siddha)
Number of Cotton Wicks to be used in lighting Deepam-Deeparadhana:
1) Single wick (Eka Mukha Deepam) is normal/medium benefit
2) Two wicks (Dwimuka deepam) brings harmony and peace in the family and relatives
3) Three wicks (Trimukha Deepam) Blesses with progeny
4) Four wicks (Chathurmukha deepam) brings allround prosperity and Sumptous food
5) Five wicks (Panchamkukha deepam) showers akhanda aishwaryam (Wealth)
6) Six wicks (Shanmukha deepam) blesses with Akhanda Gyana (Knowledge) & Vairagyam(Renunciation)
Slokas to Chant While Doing Deeparadhana:
While lighting the lamp, chant:
Subham Karoti Kalyanam,
Arogyam Dhana Sampadah,
Shatru Buddhi Vinashaya
Deepa Jyotir Namostute.
Translation: I salute the One who is the lamplight that brings auspiciousness; prosperity, good health, abundance of wealth, and the destruction of the intellect’s enemy (six enemies: Kama, krodha, lobha, moha, mada and matsarya).
After lighting the lamp, chant the prayer:
Deepo me hara tu paapam,
Deepa Jyothir Namostute
Translation: I salute the Brahman, the sustainer of the creation, in the form of this light. I salute the Lord, may He destroy afflictions resulting from my omissions and commissions.
Things To Remember While Doing Deeparadhana:
1) One should not use Groundnut Oil and sunflower for lighting lamp if you do so money debts in the home will happen.
2) When you light a lamp, always use 2 wicks-vattulu, One facing east and another facing North.
3) After head bath one should remove the head towel before lighting the lamp
4) After lighting the lamp don’t rub the excess oil on your hair,it will make you lose your wealth.
5) Lamp holders should be cleaned daily
6) Cotton wicks and the oil should be changed everyday
7) Never leave lighted deepams unattended.If you are away from home, make sure to move the lamp holders from the pooja area and place them in a small tumbler filled with little water or while doing prayers itself..add very little oil/ghee so that the diyas won’t last for hours and they blew off on its own.. Never blow off lighted deepams. In some traditions…. the lamp is not allowed to blew off on its own.; rather sumangalis pull the wick down when very little oil/ghee is left and sprinkle raw milk on the wicks.
8) Deepam made of Lemon should not be light at home at all, Only in temples.
9) Never Light a Lamp towards SOUTH, being regarded as inauspicious.
10) After lighting the lamp don’t rub the excess oil to your dress,it is bad to do.
Tags : Deeparadhana Vattulu, Benefits Of Deeparadhana, Benefits Of Deepam, Benefits Of lighting Diya, different oils used in Deeparadhana, wicks used in Deeparadhana, Benefits Of Lighting Oil Lamps, Pramidalu used in Deeparadhana